About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Angel Doll

When I started making this doll, she was going to be a pumpkin girl. Because, as you know I love, love, love, really like and enjoy Halloween. And I'm targeting in this new venture, year round "Ghoulish Halloween" items.  I got out lots of Halloween fabrics, embellishments, fall decorations, etc. and surrounded myself with it. FUN. 

As the hours progress I turned on the radio, flipping thru the stations, stopping and listened to some songs that I liked. After the song was over, I got up again, changed the station, for the various reasons of.. too much talking, to many commercials,  etc. 

Turning the knob on the radio, which takes a bit of time vs. pushing the pre-set button, the word "believing" in a song was playing. It was the song "Don't stop Believing" by Journey. That's what did it! The softer side of me gravitated toward lighter colors and some white paint and hair.  

And the result, of that experience ~ produced "Miss Angel Doll" ~ She has special powers ~ I really like her, and her heart lips.



~Strength~

An example of faith, found on the wall of a concentration camp. On it a prisoner had carved the words: 

I believe in the sun, even tough it doesn't shine.
I believe in love, even when it isn't shown.
I believe in God, even when he doesn't speak








Much Love ~ Thank you for stopping by ~  
Andrea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always