About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Thursday, March 18, 2010

1st Mammy Dolls ~ Love them

Getting ready for two shows in May ~ exciting and busy, 
finding lots of patterns that I've already cut out and 
are currently being sewed. 
Look forward to post in the next couple of weeks. 

Here are a couple of the dolls that I finished on Sunday. 
I'll be sewing all next week ~ Hurray and talk to you soon!


Completed my first Raggedy Doll. Pattern by De Powell called "Itsy Bisty.

Lots of hair aka "yarn"



 I am in love with these ladies ~ my first "Primitive Mammy Dolls" 
Patten by "Raggedy Rhonda"
lots of options for real folk art and modern. 
I really like the "prima cotton" for the body fabric, especially when stuffing.
 The stuffing tool refuses to poke thru the fabric, as well as the paint adheres to the fabric nicely. 
I also took a stab at making a cabbage, a carrots, and a lamb, and a rabbit. 


A friend of mine, Cathy from "Treasures & Junks Antiques", 
where we both have a space ~ she made the doll on the right with the button eyes, 
and I made the doll on the left with the painted eyes. 


Here they are ~ Thank you always for stopping by ~
















Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. 
Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, 
the way we live, what is happening. 

~ Coco Chanel 


Much Love to you ~
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always