About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Upcoming New Project(s)

Wanted to share with you two projects that I've been working on this holiday week. It's taking me to extreme directions in making cloth dolls and my un`supervised soldering craft. Anyhow, I've found time to squeeze both projects this week.  Between assistant cook on Thanksgiving and Xmas decor team leader.

What I've found out is that both projects show me ~ how to utilized each techniques into others craft areas. For the soldering and wire project, it's the use of color (picture in pendents) with metal.

The cloth doll, I've used the wire in the arms and fingers, (no pipe cleaners this time) as well as color coordination of attire (stocking and boots) and new eye lids technique. Small half moon shape fabric sew on the lids of her eyes and stuffed with a small amount of polyfill. Adds a completely different de-mention to the face of this doll.

Both project are not completed as of tonight, kids back to school tomorrow, and award Volleyball banquet in the evening.

But I do get to meet with June tomorrow,  she is the daughter of her late mother who was a professional "porcelain doll maker" and she wants to give me her doll molds, or she was going to throw them in the dumpster. I couldn't let her do this, it breaks my heart.

So ~ I'll keep you posted on the next adventure, of this crafting journey that I'm on ~And loving the ride.





Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age.
~ Christopher Morley, 1890-1957



Much Love ~
Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always