About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Monday, November 2, 2009

Seaside Doll Club ~ Annual Doll Challenge

Wow, I was burning the midnight oil last night, to the tune of 3:40am. Can you say "O'lay". My first doll challenge, it's exciting and nerve racking, both at the same time. Yikes!

So, I've been working on this doll for about the last 6 months, in between various art classes and home life of course. This pattern started out as a draft pattern for the Pattie Medaris Culea class, that I'm taking in Nov. at Piecemakers in Costa Mesa. However, this pattern turned out to be so much more, once I learned to properly use the cutting line verse the tracing line, things got much more clear.

I worked on the techniques, again and again, until I was able, not to tier, or poke thru the material, free hand her facial features, eyes, mouth, nose, and sculpting the face features.  I made a couple of them. Ya know.  To get the pattern right. Ya know. Perfection, if you will. So I made this pattern about eight to ten times. Arms, legs, body, head, hands, ect. Yes, that's right,  eight to ten times. I'm very humbled by this process.




Moving on ~

The doll club that I am a member of "Seaside Doll Club" is holding it's 4th Annual Doll Challenge. The theme of the challenge is "Eccentric Old Broad".  In our club meeting today, members unveiled all the hard work and success of this doll challenge. Each doll maker got to chat about the details of there doll and how she evolved. Lots of great tips and trade secret were exchanged.  We have such talented doll makers in our club, all the dolls are crafted with love and detailed, and of course humor.

On with the show, the dolls will be on display from Nov. 2 thru Dec. 5, 2009. During this period customers and employees of SewVac are welcome to vote, all the dolls will be prominently displayed with ballots and a ballot box to catch your votes.

SewVac Ltd.
1762 Clark Ave
LongBeach, CA 90815
562-498-6684

Without further adue, here are the dolls ~
















"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun." 
~ Mary Lou Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always