About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fairy Tiro - Pin Doll Pattern





If you recall I attended my first "SeaSide Dolls" club meeting July 1 and it was a blast! However, clubs as you know are not all fun and games, we are here to actually lean the craft that the club is known for, yes?!!!! So, as the newest member I was giving the task to create a "pin doll". A pin doll is the clubs name tag until everyone gets to know you buy your first name. The assignment is to take the pattern that is provided - trace it, cut it, stuff it, then you can finish it up anyway your creative juices take you.....Well, that's always fun!!!! This project started out intimating me big time, of course I saw lots of great ideas that the ladies shared with me and had no idea or direction to to towards after the stuffing part. But, after I created the "pink girl" my creative juices came alive as well as my fairy trio collection. These fairy's started to take on their own personalities and it was fairy mania for two weeks, all hours of the nite. I had to wrap up the project by Monday nite, and get some sleep for a Wed. morning sewing class. This project, has shown me again, that being able to take on this challenge and actually getting thur it, makes me laugh at myself because their is no rules to this game, pure enjoyment and freedom. And we all know that's a great feeling!!!!
In order of creations the Fairy Trio: "pink girl", "umbrella bride", and "miss wingtip"


"There is no such thing as great talent without great will-power"
Honore De Balzac (1799-1850)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always