About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cloth Doll Making






I had the opportunity of attending the "Seaside Dolls Club" in Long Beach, Ca. on Sunday, May 31, 2009. I got the chance to make a cloth doll. The class started out by introductions of each new student and then the Seaside Dolls Club members. Most of the students had some type of sewing experience for several years, however all participants were encouraged to forge forward with this unique craft. We started out by picking out a bag with a pre-cut fabric doll pattern, that contained one body & head, two arms, two legs. Then we stuff them, (there is a specific way of stuffing dolls, who knew?) After stuffing, we had to hand sew the limbs together, as you can see, I got to get her put together, which I was so happy about! I still get to give her a name, put hair on, and clothes her, which I will be getting to this week. I had a great time doing this project and have already ordered some cloth doll books and beginner patters! Yupiee!!!

I was excited that I was around such artistic ladies, amazing work these gals have harness over the years. These gals are a hoot, not to mention that the Chair person and member is my old LKWD HS, home economics teacher Polly Frank-Womack. As well as being the Chair person for the LB Chamber of Embroidery organization. These ladies shared wonderful stories with us all, and after a day with them I decided to join "Seaside Dolls Club", can't wait to share more with you all.

Don't forget every one is creative, just give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always