About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Monday, June 15, 2009

Bernina Artista Instructional Class




Last week I completed the Sewing Machine Mastery Workbook which covers the instruction manual for my Bernina 730 sewing computer machine. It brought me up to speed on what the sewing world has been doing before I joined this wonderful art form. The first part of the class was to learn the terminology, features, functions, navigating the touch screen, sewing basics, buttons, tools, accessory options, how to use the walking foot, free motion options ect. The second part of the class was a whole new level of sewing decoratively using the special features on the Artista 730 model. By the end of the workbook we got to pick out any patten within the machines software program and embroidered it. I choose a Cong shell with six different color thread, I always wondered how those hand towels looked so custom and expensive, now I know! Enough of the "techie" talk.... the class was really fun and informative, our instructor Carol Hatton is a blast. She is the spokes model for BERNINA, she even has tons of red accessories with each outfit she wears to class. I would recommend the Bernina sewing machine to anyone who wants to have a tool that is a true workhorse, starting with any entry model.


Some pursue happiness; you create it!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always