About Me

My photo
Earth, California, United States
Sissy Dre was inspired by my father, Robert Felix Rosales, particularly his stylish clothes and big-hearted ways of being. My father was always open to any new hobbies or opportunities and especially enjoyed meeting new people. I take on this creative venture to honor him in my own way. Creating from scratch has opened artistic doors within me that I never knew existed and I hope this blog helps to inspire some crafty part of you too. 000000

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Evie Mae Doll

Last weekend I finished a terrific two day workshop with Cyndi Malhstadt at Piecemakers in Costa Mesa~~ Here is a picture of Cyndi and me at the end of class day two. This gal has been doing craft projects for years, vist her blog at www.Mcyndimahlstadt.com/blog or www.MeadowBugStudio.com to see her wonderful work. 

"Evie Mae" is a little fairy with an inverted silk rose as a skirt who hangs on a cool stand. Absolutely no sewing~~amazing. Guess who else was in the class? 
Patti Culea, &  Barbara Willis~ that's who....

I was lucky enough to get them to sign their books for me and snap a picture with them too.  I was so excited to see these talented teachers still learning.  These ladies are authors of unique books in doll making. Did I tell you I used a whole bottle of Tacky Glue! I also signed up for Patti Culea's class Nov. 7 and 8. Would anyone else like to come? It is to make an doll you like from her books~~she will be teaching techniques,  tricks of the trade, if you well.    Check out Piecemakers.com, click to classes, then click to dolls. You will find all the classes for the month of Sept. and a new quarter post of classes should arrive before the end of this month.
Bon couture!
"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun."
~ Mary Lou Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting ~ Much Love Always